The course provides emerging and evolving health and healthcare leaders with the opportunity to develop the following competencies:
- Collaborative and facilitative tools needed by leaders to bring together diverse stakeholders to better understand and address challenges facing health and healthcare in Maine.
- Ability to understand Maine’s health sector environment, and to apply sound analytical and ethical reasoning to resolve and improve Maine’s health system performance.
- Deeper understanding of leadership as cognitive, analytical and intuitive. Greater trust as a leader in employing intuitive skills to be able to look beyond competition and political pressures.
- Increased understanding of self and others. Reflection on personal strengths, challenges and own standards of integrity, leading to greater courage and self-confidence as a leader.
- Practice respecting and appreciating culturally diverse leadership styles, creating sustainable relationships across difference, and influencing and building inclusive systems and networks.
- Increased understanding of the importance of using information, including translating data, evidence, information and cultural perspectives to knowledge, then to action.
- Renewed personal vision, hope and energy for making a leadership contribution to the health of Maine people.